ALL YOU NEED:
1. Preheat the oven to 320. Grease your 9-by-5-inch loaf pan
2. In a light-colored sauteé pan, brown the butter and set aside. In a small bowl, reserve 2 tablespoons of the browned butter for basting; let cool slightly.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the mashed bananas with the eggs until fully incorporated.
4. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Using your hands, break apart any large clumps of sugar that remain. Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined. Pour in the 8 tablespoons of melted brown butter and stir until fully incorporated.
5. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Dip the 2 banana halves in some brown sugar cut-sides down; dust off any excess sugar. Place the sugared bananas in the batter cut-sides up and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean, 1 hour 20 minutes. Be sure to watch during the last 20 minutes. Depending on your oven, time could be more or less.
6. Once the banana bread has finished cooking, brush the top with the 2 tablespoons of reserved browned butter. Allow the banana bread to cool; serve slightly warm or completely cooled.