These pancakes are bomb guys! It's perfect for Sunday brunching! I was able to freeze the leftover batter and use it a few weeks later, topped with nutella and berries.
ALL YOU NEED:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
3/4 cup ricotta*
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat an electric griddle to moderately-high heat (I just used a non-stick skillet for these and cooked over medium heat on the stove top, so either will work).
2. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 30 seconds. Make a well in center of flour mixture and set aside.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, ricotta, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Then, whisk lemon zest with lemon juice and add to milk mixture along with melted butter and blend until combined (it will curdle a little, that's fine, but you'll want to hurry and pour it into the dry mixture).
4. Pour into flour mixture and whisk just to combined (batter should be slightly lumpy). Pour about 1/4 - 1/3 cup batter onto buttered griddle or skillet and cook until bubbles begin to appear on surface and bottom is golden brown, then flip and cook opposite side until golden brown.
5. Serve warm dusted with powdered sugar if desired and drizzled with maple or berry syrup.
*I use low-fat ricotta, and I only happened to have 3/4 cup left but you could probably add an extra 1/4 cup if you'd like.
Adapted from: cookingclassy.com